Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Quilted Garden Revived!


I am thrilled to announce that C & T Publishers has reissued my book The Quilted Garden as  
an e-book!!!!!!!!! This means that you can now download the book in the convenience of your own home. Recently, the book has been selling for up to $300 on ebay and Amazon and I have had hundreds of inquiries during workshops. It is very exciting, too, that the book will be available to the new creative generation of sewers and crafters.

I recommend that you first purchase a notebook with a clear pocket cover and a pack of clear sheet protectors to file the pages safely away after downloading. The link for purchasing the book is at the webstore, as well as in the right hand corner of this blog. Pass the word!!!!!!
Last week I put together these star quilts and I'm in love! These were made with Jan Krentz's Diamond Template plus a 9" square and half square. You may remember the Cosmic Star quilt pieced from last years Hothouse fabric.  The dark quilt is made with Prairie Gothic fabrics in the Midnight colorway. I'm very pleased how all the the designs work together to create a giant Spidersweb. Hince the title... Midnight Web.

Because the Midnight quilt was such a success, I could not resist another try, so here is the Strawberry Web. Still to do is the Dusky version, but I'm hoping one of you will take on that project and send me a picture!

6 comments:

MelissaS said...

All I can say is, "WOW!"

Unknown said...

WOW is right! I want to make at least 3 or 4....pattern is where? In your book? Paulette in VA

mathea said...

I must be part of the "old generation" then, because I bought my copy when it first came out ;-). I have read it from cover to cover a couple of times and enjoyed the pictures again and again. I thoroughly recommend it!
I love those two quilts too, I just have to get me some of that Prairie Gothic fabric!

WillOaks Studio said...

Your new "webs" shown here are just beautiful, Jane!! I imagine a whole batch of these, pieced together as a larger quilt, would just knock my eyes out!! Beautiful!

Pattyskypants said...

$300 on e-bay??!! Yikes, sure glad I didn't get sucked into THAT one! I'm glad you're making your book available again so a new generation of crafters can be inspired.

Kucki68 said...

I still hold on to the book!