Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A New Season of Possibilities

Hello, everyone! The Idea Book is back in gear after a busy summer and bursting with new projects and patterns to share with you. First of all, my new FreeSpirit fabric line will be

introduced at Houston Market this weekend. It is called "Sunshine & Shadow". The title, of course, is also the name of a traditional quilt design, but it also refers to the many moods of our Midwestern garden. You will see some of our favorite plants portrayed for this new season of sewing. For a sneak preview, visit my website.

Next I want to invite you all to visit my show of art quilts in the historic Tree Studios in downtown Chicago. Tree Studios is a lovingly restored building which once housed many famous local artists. This sizable show is a collection of many classic and seminal pieces from my quilting career, including the "Willow" quilt which was named "One of the Best American Quilts of the Century". It has not been shown publicly since the 1996 International Quilt Festival when it was awarded "Master of Contemporary Artistry".

The show will run through January 14 as part of Art Works Chicago: A Progressive Corporate Exhibition of Chicago, a program supported by MetCap Bank to feature exhibitions of work by prominent Chicago-based artists displayed in the workplace setting.

To see the show, please stop by the Metropolitan Capital Bank at Nine East Ontario during business hours or call for an appointment, 312-640-2300. I encourage you to collect a group of friends and make a day of it... great city shopping near by!


5 comments:

Lisa Chin said...

OH I am so excited! I'm going to Chicago this weekend!!! The show is already up? I will be downtown for the marathon so I will have to go by and see it! So glad you posted about it! (k, sorry about all the !!! but I am genuinely excited)

Suzanne said...

Oh Happy Day! Your new line, Sunshine and Shadow, looks beautiful! I've enjoyed using your Prairie Gothic line so much,in fact,I just posted about it today!
Wish we lived near Chicago...
- Suzanne

http://justanotherhangup.blogspot.com/

http://justanotherhangup.blogspot.com/2009/04/prairie-picnic.html

Unknown said...

I love the new fabric line jane!

I wish i could go to the opening of the show but I will be in Houston. The Chicago School of Fusing will have to take a field trip to see it.

Kathy York said...

Jane,
I love your pumpkin sculpture! Really amazing. It draws me in, wish I could see it in person. The Sunshine and Shadows is gorgeous! And, your Willow quilt. I think that is my favorite all time inspiring quilt, it was certainly my favorite of the 100 best quilts. Would love to see it again in person too, but I will not be in Chicago. Congrats on your new line! I will come by to see you in Houston!

mathea said...

It's not fair! You keep coming up with such gorgeous designs that I simply can't resist! Now, how soon can I get my hands on some of it I wonder... ;-)
Best of luck with your show!