Sunday, April 1, 2012

Madeline School of the Arts is a Gem!

























This summer I will be teaching at one of the brightest new venues in the arts and crafts workshop world, Madeline School of the Arts in La Point, Wisconsin. It is located on a historic renovated dairy farm in the middle of an island surrounded by Lake Superior and the Apostle Islands. The school is accessible only by plane or ferry.










The tranquil campus is situated in a prairie meadow with orchards, gardens and walking paths. The word is spreading about their state-of-the-art, spacious and light filled classrooms. I will be teaching Abstracting from Nature, my favorite class, so this will be an ideal spot for nature's muse to inspire us all.


















I have heard nothing but great things about this new learning center and I'm looking forward to seeing some of you there. I am, also, hoping to have the Illinois Album quilt, above, finished and ready to share
with my classmates in July.

3 comments:

Melissa P said...

I love that quilt. Everything about it makes me smile.

Your students are going to have a wonderful time in such a special venue.

Katie, Julep and Derby's Mom said...

Jane- I just wanted to pop in and say HAPPY EASTER to you and your family. The school of arts looks awesome!

Happy Bunny Day - Katie
www.westiejulep.blogspot.com

chris said...

Looks like heaven - have a great time.